Conditions Treated At Luke Eye Associates
At Luke Eye Associates in Midland, there are a variety of eye care services we provide for our patients. Getting yearly or bi-yearly eye exams will help optometrists make sure that you do not have any underlying eye issues. At each exam we will examine your history, provide a series of tests, assess the focus and movement of your eyes, and evaluate your overall eye health. If you are suffering from any type of eye condition causing you to need glasses or contact lenses, we have optometry services that will provide fittings for the optimal style and type of glasses and lenses.
During your normal eye exam, your optometrist will do some vision testing that test for different conditions. Some conditions we test and treat are:
- Dry Eye problems are very common here in West Texas. There are different types of dry eye diseases, and our doctors can make sure that you receive the proper therapy for your symptoms. These symptoms can occur at any age, and can cause vision issues in addition to discomfort and burning.
- Glaucoma is caused by damage to the optic nerve that could result in vision loss. It is the leading cause of blindness in people over 60 years old. Therefore, yearly eye exams are important so that the effects of vision loss can be detected early enough to slow it down or prevent it entirely.
- Cataracts often occur in people over 60, diabetics, and may occur after injury to the eye. It causes cloudy and blurry vision and sometimes can be corrected with prescription lenses. If your cataracts can not be corrected with a prescription, you may need to have cataract surgery.
- Macular degeneration is an eye disease that causes vision loss in people over the age of 60. It is often called age-related macular degeneration because it occurs as you get older, but there is a form that affects children and young adults. It can be detected at your yearly eye exam if your optometrist sees tiny yellow spots under the retina. Treatment includes medication, vision aids, and laser therapy.
- Eye infections and Foreign body removal
These are a few of the main conditions that can be determined after visiting your Midland optometry office. They will also determine whether you need prescription glasses or lenses if you have nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism.
If you are wearing glasses or contact lens, speak to your Midland optometrist about whether LASIK surgery is right for you. LASIK stands for laser assisted in situ keratomileusis and is a corrective alternative to wearing glasses or contacts. It can treat refractive conditions like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. The doctors at Luke Eye Associates will be able to determine whether getting LASIK should be something you should consider, and we will provide you with pre- and post-operative care if you decide to have LASIK surgery.
Call Luke Eye Associates Today!
Whether it is time for your annual exam or if you are having some eye issues, schedule an appointment with Luke Eye Associates in Midland today. We have a variety of eye care services to stay on the right path of your eye health. We can help treat many eye conditions and can help you relieve any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.